Discover ways to reduce costs and increase production in unconventional resource plays at Canada's leading shale event
Since the first days of shale gas exploration in Canada, CI Energy Group’s annual Shale Symposium has brought industry leaders together to share their experiences, expertise, ideas and insights. The evolving shale landscape has greatly shifted the challenges and opportunities for unconventional resources as key players tap into new business areas and work to improve current operations with increased efficiency and reduced costs.
CI Energy Group’s 9th Annual Shale Oil and Gas Symposium, the longest running event of its kind, brings together top industry experts to deliver timely information and proven best practices for unconventional resource exploration and production through practical sessions and real world case studies.
Gain inside knowledge on the newest technology, techniques and opportunities in North American shale plays.
For the 2013 conference, we’ve brought tangible first-hand industry experiences to the forefront this year:
- Southwestern Energy discusses how they increased production and reduced costs from their Fayetteville Play case study
- Antero Resources Corp. delivers practical industry methods for how to get more out of fractures and spend less in drilling and completing wells
- MGM Energy Corp. showcases their experiences with exploration and production in the Canol Shale Play through an in-depth case study
- Shift Resources Ltd. reveals their strategies to monetize gas in Western Canada and capitalize on current and future market opportunities
- Vermilion Energy examines Devonian source shales of Western and Northern Canada with a case study
Learn from your peers and top shale experts.
The 2013 Shale Oil and Gas Symposium’s distinguished speaker faculty includes:
- Basim Faraj, Ph.D., Vice President, New Ventures, Tamboran Resources Pty Ltd
- Karen Olson, Engineering Completions Chief, Southwestern Energy
- Tim Clawson, Senior Operations Engineer, Antero Resources Corp.
- Roy Benteau, Petrophysical Advisor, Vermilion Energy
- Colleen Sherry, Senior Tight Oil Regional Geologist, Vermilion Energy
- John Hogg, Vice President, MGM Energy Corp.
- Murray Reynolds, P.Eng., Director, Technical Services, Ferus Inc.
- John Fontana, President, Vista Geoscience
- Derek Krivak, President, CEO and Director, Shift Resources Ltd.
- And many more
Discover practical strategies to increase profit and production in your unconventional resources.
Hear crucial information, detailed strategies and proven techniques to help maximize profitability:
- How to effectively capitalize on liquids rich plays – what is working best?
- Applying geochemical tools to find and protect unconventional energy resources
- Relationships between commodity pricing for natural gas, oil and NGL’s – applying the knowledge to maximize profitability
- The latest strategies in multi well pad optimization – increasing the return rate of each fracture
- Solutions for increasing completion efficiencies - actualizing your value and yield
Rave reviews for the Shale Oil & Gas SymposiumRead why delegates return year after year:
“Relevant and current topics associated with my work… All speakers were excellent…The topics dealt with in all talks were relevant today and will be in a year”
Darcy Spratt, Senior Exploitation Technologist, Terra Energy Corporation (January 2012)
“[I liked the] variety of views and wide range of experience”
Raymond Mensah-Dartey, Reservoir Engineer, Imperial Oil Ltd. (January 2012)
“Great networking opportunity to meet North American companies involved in shale.”
Ricardo Gomez Omil, Senior Geologist, Wintershall Energia SA, Buenos Aires (January 2011)
“The information provided was invaluable.”
Dan Pawlachuk, Area Business Leader, Spectra Energy (January 2011)
“Great way to get up-to-date information on Canada’s shale plays.”
Tatsuya Sono, PM, Itochu Corp., Japan (January 2011)